Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Future is Now

Dear Friend,

THE FUTURE

"The future comes one day at a time.” -- Dean Acheson

"At the center of the universe is a loving heart that continues to beat and that wants the best for every person. Anything we can do to help foster the intellect and spirit and emotional growth of our fellow human beings that is our job. Those of us who have this particular vision must continue against all odds. Life is for service.” -- Fred Rogers

"Goals are a preview of future events and experiences in your life.” -- Mark Victor Hansen

"When you focus on what might have been, it gets in the way of what can be.” -- Patricia Fripp

How about that -- that the future is now, today, not tomorrow or the next day or weeks or months or years away, it’s right here in this moment. One day at a time is all there is, really, today, this moment, right where you are now. What are you doing about the future in your day, today? That’s the true question and one that I ask of myself most often these days. The truth to this question for me is, all that I am capable of. And being aware of my true self, I’m capable of doing great things in my future, in my today, and endeavor to do it one day at a time. One of my goals is to be and live in the moment, truly, not just give lip service to that. There is nothing I can not do, or be, or become. I must endeavor to hear the sound, and listen; listen to the voice of The Creator all around me, within me and within all humankind.

“Listen to the voice, hear what its saying, hush…”

Love and Blessings,

Brenda

No comments: